Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stand Up For the Champion


I am the champion, my friends,
I played Kings on the Corner to the end!
I am the champion, I am the champion . . . 

Ha, ha!

Chris had taught us how to play Kings on the Corner (or Kings on the Cahnah, as Kenneth, imitating Chris, would say), and before we arrived in Yellowstone, she, Don and I began playing.  The first night, we each won a round.  The second night, we each won a round - in exactly the same order.  The third night, we each won a round, but in different order . . . and I only won because Chris made a mistake.  But that is part of the game.  Her loss is my gain:)

So Sunday was the championship.  Don won the first game, Chris won the second, and lo and behold, the last one was mine.  As in any competition, we had to hold a "winner take all" game. And guess who won it?  Yours truly.  So now I can really say I am the Queen!  The Queen of Kings on the Corner!  What an auspicious honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment