Saturday, June 23, 2012

Connections

I love it when, in the course of an event, I run into people from a completely different part of my life.  The webs of relationships are so cool to trace.  For example, I purchased blueberries - I hope you read about them in the previous post.  Because I want another bag, but I don't want them until next week, I wrote to Chautauqua Hills Farms and requested them.  After receiving the email, I noticed the signatures . . . Liz and Lance Chastain, whose children attended The Independent School.  Their children were wonderful additions to the school, and I loved getting to know Liz and Lance.  I hadn't seen them in years . . . and here our paths cross again.

Same with Verdant Farm.  Dana and Dave Manda showed up at a Farmer's Market that I frequented last year (well, frequented is a little strong.  It was so hot last year, I didn't "frequent" any farmer's markets.).  I was surprised to see them selling produce from their farm.  They had decided to go into the organice produce business, and I hadn't seen them in several years . . . and certainly not in the farmer capacity.  Since then, however, I have become a frequent customer!

Friday I was at the Komen luncheon, and six or eight women whose children or grandchildren attended the school were there.  One I hadn't seen since her son graduated in 1999.  I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with her and the others.  Then there was the woman with whom I had worked the silent auction at the Catbackers' event on Wednesday night . . . I didn't know she was an accomplished musician and professor at Newman, and I certainly didn't expect to see her at the luncheon.  Learn something new every day.

Earlier this week, another random encounter led to us tracing a web of many years of connections.  You just never know who you are going to meet and what the connection is, but it is so fun to renew acquaintances and see what people are doing with the next phases of their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment