Saturday, June 16, 2012

If At First You Don't Succeed . . .

I still had some really good ingredients from my farmer's market trek, so I had to redeem myself.  I put ground beef, basil, and onion into Google, and it gave me many recipes.  I chose one out of the website
Yumm.com and made a few adaptations.  The recipe was a steak fajita, but since I didn't have steak and didn't want the carbs in tortillas, I made lettuce wrap fajita things!  Using lime juice, sliced onion, cumin, hot chile sauce, and salt, I browned the ground beef (very lean), and then added the above.  After it had simmered, I added some sliced tomatoes and basil and let it cook a little longer.

In the meantime, I took leaves from the beautiful lettuce I purchased.  Isn't it gorgeous?  It was greener and prettier in person!


I placed it on the plate, and spooned the concoction on top of the lettuce leaves.  It looked like this when I was finished.


We added a little cheese, a little more salt, and dug in.  It was very good.  Don liked it A LOT more than the cabbage from the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment