Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Baby!

Thirty-six years.  Yes, thirty-six years ago today, Don and I were married.  While the girls and I went to a bridal luncheon, my dad took Don to play golf, and he came right off the golf course to dress for the wedding.

Don's family came from Dodge City, though uncles, aunts, and cousins came from Colorado Springs, Kansas City, Tonganoxie, and Montrose.  I had never seen such support from a family before.  It was a sign of good things to come, and I have learned to love Don's aunts, uncles, and cousins.



The reception took place at the Albuquerque Country Club.  With a band, bar, and lots of food, a good time was had by all.  Too good by some, it turns out, as the priest who married us sent us off in interesting fashion.  I will leave it at that.  Kris, Don's youngest brother, even told him mom that he danced with "the real bride."  I cherish the picture that was taken of the dance!

In 1976, 36 years seemed an eternity.  Now it seems like a blink of the eye.


Happy anniversary, Don.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment