Sunday, June 24, 2012

Keeping Cool

It is hot in Wichita.  Hot, hot, hot.

So instead of staying home, Don and I went to a movie.  We don't attend many movies, but this was one we wanted to see, and it would be cool in the theater.  Win, win.

We chose The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, though we considered Seeking a Friend at the End of the Earth (or whatever it is) since Chris Mann's fiancee, Laura Perloe, is in it.  We decided to go to that one at a later time, and, armed with a lunch of pop and popcorn, headed into the Marigold Hotel movie.

I wasn't sure what to think.  The beginning wasn't exactly uplifting, but it was obvious that we would like the character Judy Dench was playing.  The portrayals of all of the characters were spot on.  I think we all have known someone like each person in the movie . . . well maybe not, but still, they were terrifically believable.

More than anything, the movie made me think about how I want to live the last twenty or thirty years of my life and what kind of person I want to be.  Will I be adventurous and willing to entertain new ideas, or will I be rigid and unable to adapt?  I hope, hope, hope I will be the former, because, as this movie shows, those are the people who live the happiest lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment