Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You Can't Say You Saw It If You Didn't See It!

I called my brother last night and told him, "You can't say you saw it if you didn't see it."  His reply?
"I tried, but I couldn't see it."  His wife said, "What are you talking about?"

I called my sister last night and told her, "You can't say you saw it if you didn't see it."  Her reply?  "I tried, but I couldn't see it."

I called Diana last night and told her, "You can't say you saw it if you didn't see it."  Her reply?  "What are you talking about?"

It is obvious that my brother, my sister, and I were raised by a man who was very interested in astronomy.  Katie, Bart, and I all had tried to find a way to see the transit of Venus, and the mystery language I used was as clear as a bell to them.

I was sad that Diana didn't get it, but apparently I didn't do a good enough job infusing a curiosity of the stars in her.  Or it could be that she doesn't take the paper and doesn't watch the news so she wasn't as tuned in as we were.

Anyway, last night after the River Festival, Don and I drove out to Lake Afton observatory.  They had numerous telescopes set up for us amateurs to look at Venus going across the sun.  We could also see a number of sunspots on the surface of the sun.   It took us longer to get there than it did to get a viewing, but that's ok.   We can say we saw it!

No comments:

Post a Comment