Friday, August 15, 2014

Yachats

After visiting the lighthouse, the Martis and we headed to Yachats, pronounced yaw hots.  Who knew?

The two restaurants about which the Martis had heard were very crowded, so we went to a restaurant up the street.  They had plenty of space, which made us wonder what was the matter with it . . . But we discovered rather quickly it was wonderful.  Quick service and delicious food.  

The Alder Restaurant had a number of interesting offerings.  Ginny and Don had the seafood pot pie, which was filled with a variety of seafood covered with a phyllo dough and served in a small cast-iron skillet.  Gary had a chicken dish that was on top of dirty rice and topped with green beans.  I decided on the seafood Mac and cheese.  So different, and I loved it, except that it had so much pepper on it I was overtaken by a coughing fit - more than once.  But that is not the fault of the food!

After dinner, it seemed the right thing to do would be to go see the lighthouse at night.  Luckily, we arrived right before the sun set completely, and even with my iPad, I got decent pictures.  Don's pics with his good camera are better and they will be uploaded later . . . But for now I will have to live with the ones from my iPad.



No comments:

Post a Comment