Saturday, August 10, 2019

Quartz Creek

We arrived just in time for everyone to try their hand at fishing.  Unfortunately, nothing was biting, but that was ok.  We had lovely campsites, and by the time the fishing was done, I had the minestrone soup, blue-corn bread, and blueberry crisp (which I must admit was delicious, except Katie wouldn't eat it because cooked fruit is "squishy") all done and ready to eat.

Bart, Char, Jeri, Katie, Rhonda and I are all enjoying our meal, while Don is taking pictures:)

Kenai Lake near our campsite.  The moon was quite large - and it even shows up in the picture.
The morning was beautiful, and some of the fisher-folk were up early to try their hand.  Again, no one caught anything, though Don, with his beautiful casting, had some bites (oh how I wish I could cast like he does).

Soon it was time to clean up and leave this beautiful place.  Time for our next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment