Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bella's Song

Today on CBS's Sunday Morning show, Bill Geist had a segment about camp letters . . . letters that children would write after their first day at camp. It was accompanied by the Alan Sherman song, Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda . . .

Well, it got me to thinking about what song Bella would write to her family after going to Camp Norton . . . so here it is, to the Alan Sherman tune, in Bella language:

Hello Mommy, Hello Daddy,
Why'd you leave me, with this red "fatty"
And the black one's really mean,
Staying with the Nortons doesn't seem too keen;

They keep driving in the car,
Getting dog bones, not too far,
Going walking, learning heeling,
Mother, Father, Gads! my little brain is reeling.

Take me home, oh Rick and Susan,
Take me home, it's not amusin'
All we do is sleep, and eat, and play
We do it every day . . .

Take me home, I miss my dog door,
Take me home, the Neighbs are a bore,
And get this: The dog bowl doesn't tip,
So all I do is sip . . .

Hello Family, it's your Doggy,
I am very, very soggy,
From chasing sprinklers, Hunting "wabbits,"
Mother, Father, Hope you like all my new habits!

No comments:

Post a Comment