Thursday, August 5, 2010

Musings from Bella

Well, it has been 12 hours since Bella came to stay with the Nortons. Although I don't understand the language DOG, I can imagine that her thoughts have gone something like this:

What is going on here? I haven't ever been at this house. There are new smells in this backyard - wow! I think we need a secret gate between the yards so I can come chase rabbits here sometime!

Boy, this is fun riding in the car. They left the others at home and let only me come with them. I love sitting in the lady's lap and looking out the window.

She had a little trouble figuring out the leash. She told Jarred that Susan had showed her how to do it, but she was doing something wrong. She still kept telling me to do something called heel. I tried to look cute, and she told me I was a good dog.

That black dog doesn't like me very much. She keeps barking at me and hiding near their chairs. Then she growls at me. She has a very cute name, but I don't think she is cute at all. The red one barks at me and acts like he wants to play . . . but I think he's too fat.

I had a nightmare at 4:00 a.m. I whined, so she took me outside. Then she put me back in the kennel. After I realized she wasn't going to let me out, I settled down. But man, when I heard that radio come on at 5:50, I was ready to go.

They took us all for a walk at 6:00. She figured out the leash this time - it worked really well. When the leash is loose, she tells me I am a good dog. By the end of the first lap, she said I was doing better! Then they took us to a place with a big yellow arch. They said something about dog bones, and then they gave me a treat. The red dog sat in the lady's lap, so I couldn't. Then she took me on another walk, and the leash was loose a lot. She kept telling me I was a good girl. She also said something like "She's like a child with ADD." I think she was referring to the number of times I tried to chase rabbits and birds.

Now she is on the computer and I am ripping up a cardboard tube. Oops, I just opened a door and escaped . . . whoopee, this is fun!

1 comment:

  1. BELLA!!! Pretty little puppy dog (who isn't really a puppy dog any longer, but that's ok).

    ReplyDelete