Saturday, August 14, 2010

Musings from Bella part IV

The Dog Lady thinks 5:50 a.m. on a Saturday morning is too early, so she needs to be glad that after I went outside I went back into my kennel for about 20 minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore. The Dog Man got up with me, but by 7:00 we were all taking a walk. It is cooler this morning - 76 degrees felt like 50! It was really nice, and I did a very good job of heeling. But once I got home, I was wired and ready to go . . . the black dog and the red dog didn't know what hit them.

We went to the arches place again, and the Dog Lady sat in the back seat with me. The black dog and the red dog sat in her seat, though the red dog decided he wanted to sit on the console. Who made him king? Anyway, I was very good in the back seat, and I even sat some of the time.

You should see me now, sporting my new collar. I have grown so much that my puppy collar is too thin for me, and the Dog People thought I needed a thicker one that wouldn't cut my skin. Luckily they had a pretty purple one already at their house. It has some words on it - something about Kansas State University. I don't know why they have them "on hand" . . . they must really like purple. Anyway, I look very cute in my new collar. They told me if my people don't like it, they don't have to keep it, but I think I remember that my people like purple too!

Yesterday, I overheard the Dog Lady say that the time was going fast and she was going to miss me when I went home. She says I keep things lively around her house. I don't know how much more lively it could get here. Didi came home, Joey and his mother stopped for the night, it was hotter than you can believe, there was a small tornado in Manhattan that hit Anderson Hall . . . it has been a barrel of fun.

Jarred is going to come home today to mow, and then, since he has to work late and be at the pool in the morning, he is going to stay with me tonight . . . at least that what the Dog Lady said. But I will be back with the Dog People tomorrow.

I thought you might like a picture of me, keeping watch on the stairs. I am very scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment