Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Musings

The Dog Lady is trying very hard to keep me from getting bad habits (such as getting on the furniture), but she certainly is teaching me about getting dog bones at the drive-ups. Today we got to go two places . . . the bank and the arches place. The bank had really good dog bones . . . the arches place was out, but the Dog Lady planned ahead and brought some extras. I got a lot of pieces, though I think she used them to keep me in the back seat! I don't understand why the black dog and the red dog persist in sitting in the front seat . . . I wish they would sit with me. But the Dog Lady keeps her hand across the console so I can't get up front with everyone else . . .

I was sitting next to the Dog Lady a few minutes ago, and suddenly something crunched in my mouth. The lady heard it and was concerned about what I had in my mouth. She even put her hand in my mouth . . . all she pulled out was a baby tooth. Crunch, crunch. I think she is saving it for my owners . . . but maybe not. I found some Kleenex in the bathroom trash - that's really soft to chew on. I am tired of trying to get the piece of dog bone out of the Kong . . . so Kleenex is a good alternative.

Patty Sue and I really had fun this morning. We ran back and forth, back and forth. After two walks through the park, I was actually pretty calm. The Dog Lady is trying to write a speech, so I will sleep at her feet under the desk. I have found everything fun under there, so now it is just a cool place to lay down. But this afternoon, I have to go rid the backyard of "wabbits."

I did better at heeling today, but the Dog Lady isn't sure I am going to get it before my owners get home. By the time I was done with my second lap, I was not pulling so hard. She even used my bone and put peanut butter in it . . . that worked for about 10 seconds . . . then I got tired of the peanut butter. What she hasn't figured out is I almost have her trained to let me do what I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment