Tuesday, August 3, 2010

When Dreams Come True

Golf is an amazing sport. Our family was introduced to it when we were all very young, since my dad played a lot. He was actually the State Golf Champion one year. Both my sister, Katie, and I were Junior Club Champions, though my championship was rather bogus. It was earned honestly, but there weren't any really good golfers playing when I won, as contrasted to several excellent players when Katie won. Nevertheless, we both can sign our names Champion!

When Katie retired, she really began to work on her golf game (whereas, I haven't touched a club since I retired.) Last year (or maybe the year before) she won her Club Championship, so she can claim the title as double champion.

Despite all of the golf my dad played, Katie played, Bart played, I played, our kids played . . . none of us has ever hit a hole-in-one . . . until now. Today, that changed. Katie got a hole-in-one. It was during her club championship tournament - which tends to help one's score - and although she says it wasn't a great shot, it must have been since it went in. So now we can say that someone in our family has had a hole-in-one. Congratulations, Katie, for finally accomplishing the dream that we have all had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment