Friday, July 19, 2013

Lake Moraine

One of the first pictures we saw of Lake Louise was one of a nearby turquoise lake surrounded by gorgeous peaks.  We decided we had to go to Lake Moraine and the Valley of the Ten Peaks first.

When we arrived at Lake Moraine, the blue of the lake was unlike anything I had ever seen.  We were utterly amazed by its beauty.  We then climbed to the top of the hill to view it better, but we knew the light was not great for taking pictures.  Therefore, we decided to come back this morning.

My goodness.  The difference was incredible.  A gorgeous view was transformed into a spectacular one.  Luckily we got there before the winds picked up.  The blue-green water with the reflections of the peaks made for a picture I never dreamed I could take . . . and with an iPad yet.  Good thing Don had his better camera with him . . . he captured the colors far better than I could have.  I wish we could have hiked more around the area, but we did not want to be taken away from the lake.  You don't get sights like that very often, so we wanted to maximize it as long as we could.


We managed to take a beautiful picture of Diana, also.  


I wish I could draw better, but until I do, the pictures are worth 1000 words!

No comments:

Post a Comment