Monday, July 8, 2013

Mexican Fiesta

The reception for the wedding took place just around the corner from the ceremony.  While we waited for pictures, we were treated to cocktails, photo booths, and "flip pictures."  We had never seen the flip picture booth before, but the photographers took a 7-second video and broke it into bits that they put into a flip book.  Very fun!

The Fiesta atmosphere was enhanced by Mexican decorations, brightly-colored flowers, and even tequila shots (I can't say I was a fan of the tequila, though I was told it was very good . . . ). After we took our seats, the wedding party entered down the stairs.





After the introductions, Chris and Laura danced their first dance.  Laura's smile tells it all.  She is spectacularly beautiful, and this night, she was radiant!


The food included a wonderful berry salad, chile rellenos, salmon, fajitas, and other deliciousness.  They had a marvelous coffee bar, complete with chocolate chips, cinnamon and other treats.  After dinner, there were plenty of toasts.  Sister Becky's was hilarious, ending with a tribute to those who have been married for many years, commenting that she would never make a living as a divorce lawyer with the group that was there.  The two best men ended the toasts with a musical tribute from many of Chris's friends to the tune of My Favorite Things. Some of the favorite things were not understood by us, but the song wasn't for us!  It was obvious the wedding party and friends got the jokes!

The remainder of the evening included visiting, plenty of dancing, and cake!  I had never eaten a cupcake that tasted like a Mexican churro, but it was delicious, though Marty Wells thought the margarita-flavored one was better.

The night ended with a dance of tunes that were favorites of the guests.  Then Laura and Chris exited to an aisle of sparklers, held by all of their adoring fans, and the night was over.  Que noche fabulosa!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit shocked that my madre tried the tequila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was the first toast, and I felt I needed to at least taste it. So the very small amount I tasted doesn't really count, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete