Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Town of Banff

What a gorgeous town!  I could stay here a lot longer, but that is not to be.  And I am sure in the winter, I might rethink it, but the green, the flowers, the cool, the wildlife, and the hiking trails . . . I am in seventh heaven.

The Cascade Gardens, outside the Parks Administration Building, convinced me that flowers grow bigger in Canada.  The Tuberous Begonias were not only bright and colorful, but they were huge.


And the cosmos . . . some were normal, Kansas-sized, but this one was huge - clearly three times the size of any I have grown in my garden.



And then there were the pansies with the Ewok faces.  So much fun!



The bees really loved this yellow flower.  They were rolling all around in the nectar - Diana likened it to pigs in a mud puddle.



Finally, the architecture around the gardens added to the beauty.  We especially loved the many wood structures.



What a gorgeous place, and the best part?  It was totally free!

No comments:

Post a Comment