Thursday, July 11, 2013

Million Dollar Highway

"And why did we decide to drive this route?"  I asked Don as we were traveling down the guardrailless road.

"I really wanted to drive it," was his answer.

Oh great.  So here I am, on the edge of my seat already since Babs is taking over half of it.  The cliff on the right side of the road was steep and deep.  And that was before we got to the really steep stuff.



I could not quibble with the gorgeous scenery.





But the hairpin turns even made Don nervous.  When his hands were sweaty, I knew he was concentrating hard on making sure the Willie had no trouble.  And when the guy in the truck took the right side of the turn to pass us, just as Don was pulling over so everyone behind us could pass, I thought I was going to jump out of my chair.  But Don saw him and was able to avoid him.  Sometimes there is no accounting for people's stupidity.




Don drove most of the road in first gear.  The Willie was growling and working very hard.  If the Willie had feelings, he was exhausted and very glad to make it to the campground to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment