Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thank Goodness for Dandelions

I was having a discussion with a friend the other day.  He said there is a way to analyze people in terms of flowers.  He characterized me as a dandelion.  I was not quite sure I understood the analogy, but his explanation was that I generally take things in stride, I handle stress well, and I manage to keep my temper.  Hardy, resilient, and even-tempered, he said.  (And Rick Gaskill would add, "hard to kill.")

Anyway, I am getting to test my hardiness, resiliency, and even-temperedness.  So far, so good.

Friday just as we were getting into Boise we noticed a funny sound the RV was making.  Don decided to check on it this morning, and his fears were confirmed.  He thinks the exhaust manifold gasket is leaking.  Makes us sound like a Harley.  But not exactly desirable.  Don explained to me that leaking gaskets create heat in the engine which can cause engine fires, which would be a really bad thing.  So we got on the phone and began calling dealers.  We found one, and if this had happened last Saturday, we would have been good.  Their GMC mechanics work every other Saturday.  But this was the wrong Saturday.

So, we are camped at the GMC dealership.



It was really a pretty good time for this to happen, however.  We can go to McCall to see Uncle John and Aunt Margaret, and frankly, we will get more time with them because of this.  But Monday's and Tuesday's drives to Banff will be brutal.

We surely hope this is the last problem we have.  We thought the RV was in such good shape! Ha, ha.  Just testing that dandelion resiliency.

No comments:

Post a Comment