Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More Bostonisms

Chris and I were taking a walk in the campground.  We were going to the Creek, and Chris asked me why it is called Kwats.

"Kwats?  What's Kwats?"

"Kwats.  You know, Kwats."

"Kwats,"  I thought.  "What is she saying?"  Then it occurred to me.  Quartz.  Quartz Creek.

"Yes, that's what I said.  Kwats."

_____  _____  _____  _____  _____  _____

Last night we were getting ready to cook.  Chris said she was going to get the con.  Teri looked up and said, "Con?  What's con?"

"Con, you know.  Con."

"Oh.  Corn."

______  _____ _____  _____  _____  _____

Then we met a woman who was walking a big, big Golden Retriever.  Chris said, "You look like a golden beah."  The woman looked perplexed.

I said, "She is saying a golden bear."

The woman still was confused, so I am not sure if she didn't understand, or she just didn't get it. 
I was proud, however, that I understood Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment