Sunday, August 18, 2013

Theme songs

It appears as if we have two theme songs for our trip.  Bart has written a rendition of "Friends in Low Places" to which I wrote two answers.  If you are interested, you can find them here.  (If not, just skip the songs; there's more below!)

(Sing to the tune "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks)

"I Hauled my Heap to the Cook Inlet"

You may think I'm cheap,
But I hitched up my Jeep,
I needed a spare conveyance.

It's been quite around,
Appeared to be sound,
In spite of its outward appearance.

Concerns cast aside,
Of a reliable ride,
To only use on short clips.

Who would have thought,
That I should have bought,
A brand new car for this trip?

Chorus

I hauled my heap to the Cook Inlet,
Where it broke down and I can't fix it,
Along the way. But I'll be OK.

'Cause I have a large line of credit,
And a checking account from which to spend it.

Oh, I hauled my heap to the Cook Inlet!


So, I wrote this back to him:


Blame it all on my car

We didn't get far
And the axle fell apart.

Although we did know,
We thought we could tow,
But we barely got a start.


The car dealer had
No parts - it was bad
He flew them from Portland (not Maine).


Now the car runs,
We are in for some fun,
So don't let me hear you complain . . . 


When you can't ride in my auto,
No, Bart Can't Ride, is my new motto,
'Cause he makes jokes,
When his sister's broke . . . 


Stick him on the roof - it will make me grin
There is no way he is getting in,
No, you can't ride . . . In our auto.


Then when he arrived, I sang this to him:



Blame it all on my bro,
Couldn't take no mo,
In fact, I nearly had snapped,

My poor little Jeep
Nearly got put to sleep
Its insides had almost collapsed.

It went to the doc
And to get out of hock,
Papers we had to sign,

But now that it runs
And we are in for some fun,
If you're not nice you will find . . . 

You can't ride in my auto, etc.


Then on Thursday night when our three RVs left for Russian River, Kenneth whipped out his phone and plugged into our radio sound system that is piped outside. The first song was "Convoy."  We have ourselves a Convoy, yes we do!

The second one was On the Road Again by Willie Nelson.  And yes, we are that, too.  Two very appropriate songs for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment