Monday, April 13, 2015

Boomerang

I read the book Boomerang right after I finished The Big Short.  It is somewhat of a sequel to The Big Short, although it only discusses a few countries and the effect the financial collapse has had on them.  Imagine my surprise when the first chapter was about Iceland and the banking debacle there.  I am so glad I read it before our trip.

This book details the devastation of Iceland's, Greece's, Ireland's and Germany's banking and how they have worked their waysthrough it.  Michael Lewis also describes the culture of the people, which helps the reader to understand how each country got into -and out of - the crisis with varying degrees of success.  Each country's response differed in rather interesting ways.

I highly recommend each book to anyone interested in finance and the global implications of US monetary issues.  I found these books fascinating and frightening . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment